The list of main hazardous substances and items prohibited (allowed in compliance with the required conditions) to be carried on the aircraft board by crew members and passengers in checked baggage and belongings of the passengers (the order of the Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation No.104 of 25.07.2007)
It is forbidden
to transport the following dangerous substances and items on the aircraft board by crew members and passengers in checked baggage and belongings of the passengers:
- explosives, blasting supplies and items armed with them: all sorts of gunpowder, in any packaging and in any quantity, live cartridges (including small-caliber), cartridges to the gas weapon, caps (pistons) for hunting;
- pyrotechnics: signal rockets and illumination flares, signal cartridges, smoke canisters, smoke cartridges (explosive cartridges), strike anywhere matches, sparklers, detonating cartridges; trotyl dynamite, TNT, ammonal and other explosives;
- blasting caps, electrodetonators, electric sparks, and detonating fuses, fuses etc;
- compressed and liquefied gases: gases for domestic purpose (butane-propane) and other gases;
- pepper guns filled with nerve and tear effects, etc;
- flammable liquids: acetone, benzine, samples of flammable oil products, methanol, methyl acetate (methyl ester), carbon disulfide, ethers, etiltsellozola;
- flammable solids: substances that are subject to spontaneous combustion;
- substances that emit flammable gases in contact with water: potassium, sodium, calcium metal and their alloys, calcium phosphorous, etc;
- phosphorus white, yellow and red, and all other substances belonging to the category of flammable solids;
- oxidizing agents and organic peroxide: colloidal nitrocellulose in granules or flakes, dry or wet, containing less than 25% of water or solvent; nitrocellulose colloidal, in the pieces, wet, containing less than 25% of alcohol; dry or wet nitrocellulose containing less than 30% of solvent or 20% or water, etc;
- toxic substances;
- radiological materials;
- intoxicants and corrosives: strong inorganic acids: hydrochloric, sulfuric, nitric and the like; hydrofluoric acid and other strong acids and corrosive substances;
- poisonous substances and intoxicants: any poisonous potent and poisonous substances in liquid or solid form, packed in any container; brucine; nicotine; strychnine; tetrahydrofurfuryl alcohol; antifreeze; brake fluid; ethylene glycol; mercury; all salts of hydrocyanic acid and cyanide preparations: “Cyclone”, black cyanide, arsenious anhydride, etc.;
- other hazardous substances, items and materials which can be used as a weapon of attack on the passengers, the crew of the aircraft, as well as endangering the aircraft flight;
- weapons: pistols, revolvers, rifles, carbines and other fire-arm, gas spray gun, pneumatic weapon, electroshock devices, dirks, stilettos, landing knife-bayonets, except in cases and in the manner prescribed by the legislation of the Russian Federation.
A detailed list of dangerous substances and items prohibited for carriage on the aircraft board by the crew and passengers is contained in the Technical Instructions for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air (Doc 9284 AN / 905 ICAO).
It is allowed
To transport the following items and substances on the aircraft board by crew members and by passengers to meet the required conditions:
1) in the checked baggage in the cargo and baggage compartments of the aircraft with an isolated access to the baggage of passengers during the flight:
- crossbows, underwater guns, cavalry swords, sabers, broadswords, scimitars, cutlasses, swords, court swords, bayonets, daggers, knives: hunting knives, flick knives, with latched locks, replicas of any types of weapons;
- general-use knives (scissors)with blade length (blade) over 60 mm;
- alcohol drinks containing more than 24% but not more than 70% alcohol by volume in containers with a capacity not exceeding 5 liters in packaging intended for retail trade - not more than 5 liters per passenger;
- liquids and alcohol drinks with an alcohol content by volume not exceeding 24%;
- spray intended for use in sports, or household purposes, discharge valves of which are protected by caps from spontaneous release of the contents of a capacity not more than 0.5 kg or 500 ml - not more than 2 kg or 2 liters per passenger.
2) in the belongings of the passengers:
- medical thermometer - one per passenger;
- mercury monometer in standard casing - one per passenger;
- mercury barometer or manometer, packed in airtight container and sealed by consignor;
- disposable lighters - one per passenger;
- carbonic ice for cooling perishable products - not more than 2 kg per passenger;
- 3% hydrogen peroxide – not more than 100 ml per passenger;
- liquids, gels and aerosols related to non-dangerous: in containers with a capacity not exceeding 100 ml (or equivalent capacity in other units of volume measurement), packed in a secure transparent plastic bag of not more than 1 liter - one bag per passenger. Liquids in containers larger than 100ml are not allowed, even if the container is only partially filled.
* There are exceptions for the carriage of medicines, baby food and special dietary needs.
Liquids purchased in duty free shops at the airport or on the aircraft board shall be securely packed in a sealed plastic bag, which provides visual access to the contents of the package during the flight on which there is reliable evidence that the purchase was made in the airport duty free shops or on the aircraft board on the day (days) of travel.
The airport, airlines and operator authorities have the right to introduce additional measures to ensure aviation security of flights of the increased risk, therefore the carriage of the following items in the aircraft cabin are prohibited:
- hypodermic needles (unless medical justification will be presented);
- knitting needles;
- scissors with blade length less than 60 mm;
- folding (without fixate) travel penknives with blade length less than 60 mm.