May 17, 1929 - the official foundation date of Omsk airport. On this day an aircraft "Fokker C-4" started out from Irkutsk to Novosibirsk and shaped its course to Omsk, carrying the relay mail. On the first working day two aircrafts arrived to the airport of Omsk.
A glider pilots school Omgorosoaviahim was opened in Omsk in 1930. A year later, there came in the airplanes P-5, ANT-9, then - K-5, PO-2.
On May 15, 1931 the air passenger traffic from Moscow to Novosibirsk on the three-engine type ANT-9 aircrafts began operating. The flight time from Omsk to Moscow was 14 hours, from Omsk to Novosibirsk - 3 hours.
In 1931-1932 Omsk aerostation became a hub. The first planes performed a flight from Omsk to Obdorsk (Salekhard) through Tavda. During these years, V.S. Molokov, who was one of the first pilots – the Heroes of the Soviet Union was mastering new airways. Merchant Emelyanov’s inactive mill premises became the first airport buildings.
In 1932 the first local air-route Omsk-Bolsherechye-Tara began operation, the first building of the terminal was built, and an air squadron of special use was organized, that subordinated to the 210th air squadron of Novosibirsk.
In 1933 Omsk Airport was involved in the service of passenger and postal cargo traffic in winter period.
In 1934 Omsk airport became a hub in the area of West-Siberian route. The 7th night transport squad was formed, that in the period of the Great Patriotic War became the Squadron of special use.
On August 8, 1936 an ANT-25 that performed the flight on the route Moscow - the island of Udd (Far East) landed in Omsk. Citizens of Omsk met the participants of the flight performed by V.P. Chkalov, G.F.Baydukov and A.V.Belyakov, who overcame 9374 km in 56 hours 20 minutes non stop.
On February 12, 1937 the aircraft N-120 of the polar pilot F.B.Farikh, who was carrying out the flight on the route Moscow-Wellen-Moscow landed at Omsk airport. Up to that day no one has ever performed a flight along this route in winter. Pilots have visited almost all the polar winter stations located along the coasts of the Chukchi Sea, the Laptev Sea and the Kara Sea.
In 1941 a Ferry air squadron was created, which provided the stage of 117 long-range bombers from Komsomolsk-on-Amur to the immediate battle area. Many Siberians became the heroes of this war. Omsk pilot M.A. Makarov was awarded the title the Hero of the Soviet Union.
From 1945 to 1946, just PO-2 were landing at Omsk airport, transporting no more than two passengers at the same time. The postwar period was marked by the development of new high-speed aviation equipment: there appeared IL-12 (1947), An-2 (1950), the IL-14 (1954) on airlines.
On September 15, 1956 the world's first jet plane TU-104 performing its first regular flight arrived to Omsk airport.
In 60-70 of the twentieth century, active construction began. On October 8, 1958 a new terminal was opened, (later it became the terminal building of local airlines). There were 100 seats in the waiting room, a restaurant, an operating room with the information desk, ticket offices, baggage storage, and a telegraph.
In 1963 the airport in Tara was built. Tarsky airport served 10 localities, carried passengers, delivered mail and spare parts to state farms and forest industry, it has provided an invaluable service for urgent carriage of patients to Omsk and medicines delivery and carriage of doctors to taiga regions.
In 1970 a modern terminal building of Omsk airport was put into operation, it was designed to service 700 passengers per hour.
In 1991 the volume of passenger carriage, mail and cargo delivery reached the peak. Passenger carriage, excluding transit ones reached almost a million people a year. During the summer, the airport accepted more than 100 flights a day. Omsk Airport was becoming one of the largest on the major air route Moscow - Far East. Cities of the Far North and Central Asia were connected via Omsk to the major air route. The city was connected to more than 80 cities of the Soviet Union. Small aircraft was further developing. 17 regional centers and towns are connected to Omsk by airlines.
In 1994 the airline staff split into the "Omskavia" airline and JSC "Omsk Airport". Later, air traffic controllers allocated from the unified structure of the airline.
In March 1997, Omsk airport was given the status of international.
In 2000 the lighting facilities were replaced, a year later, an overhaul of the runway was made.
2000 - JSC "Omsk Airport" was awarded the cup "Crystal Nika", as well as the diploma of the international organization "Partnership for Progress".
In 2005 the construction of a modern search and rescue station to service search and rescue aviation of Omsk airport was carried out. In the same year Omsk airport was awarded by the International Academy of management the title of regional leader in the category "High-efficient organization of passenger service."
In 2006, as a result of airport reconstruction, the passenger registration service system was changed. Automated systems "Sabre", "SITA", "Regina", "Kupol", "Astra" for registration of passengers were implemented. Since 2007, passengers have had the opportunity to take advantage of electronic ticket service introduced at Omsk airport.
In 2006 and 2007 the company was awarded the diplomas of the sixth and seventh All-Russian contest "Russian organization of high social efficiency".
On June 11, 2009 Russian President Dmitry Medvedev signed a decree on the transfer of the share ownership of JSC "Omsk Airport", that had been in the federal property before, to Omsk region.
In 2010 the reconstruction of the terminal of internal airlines was completed. It made possible to increase the quality of passenger service and contributed to the expansion of the route network.
In 2011, new taxiways and aircraft parking places were put into operation, which made it possible to remove the aircraft limiting in the process of maintenance of a number of aircrafts: B-737 (200, 300, 400, 500, 700, 800), B-757, A- 319-100, A 320-214. In the same year the airport was allowed to accommodate aircrafts CRJ-200, AN-148, Emb-120.
In 2011 the Joint Stock Company "Omsk Airport" was awarded a diploma of the winner of the contest "Best Airport of the Year among the CIS countries-2010" in nomination "The dynamically developing airport" in the category of airports with passenger traffic up to one million people a year.
In June 2012 the international terminal was overhauled. At the same time in the right wing of the internal air-lines terminal the international departure checkpoint to the flights was organized. These activities gave the opportunity significantly to improve the quality of passenger service. The result of it was the increased intensity of international flights. In the same year the Terminal square was reconstructed, on its territory an automated parking complex was put into operation.
In 2012 the geography of domestic and international flights was expanded. There started the flights to the neighboring countries - to Bishkek (Kyrgyzstan), Baku (Azerbaijan), Yerevan (Armenia); to the far abroad countries – to Beijing (China), Dubai (UAE). The first regular international flight of the low-cost carrier Pegasus Airlines to Istanbul with a wide dispersion to the countries of Europe was opened.
In 2012 JSC "Omsk Airport" was awarded a cup and a diploma of the winner in the nomination "For contribution to the development of production" of the contest "The best airport of the CIS" held by the "Airport" Association in 2011.
On July 31, 2012 Open Joint Stock Company "Omsk Airport" was accepted as a member of Omsk Chamber of Commerce, which includes representatives of business and industrial and financial groups.
On February 15, 2013 the opening of the Museum of History of JSC "Omsk Airport" took place, at the creation of which worked both professionals and workers of the company and the veterans of Omsk enterprise. The creation of the museum was preceded by considerable work on data collection, archival documents, photographs and antiques related to aviation industry and directly to Omsk Squadron.
On April 23, 2013 Engineering Aviation Service of Omsk Airport received European certification EASA Part-145, which allowed to independently carry out maintenance of aircraft of Boeing 737 type in accordance with the rules and requirements of European aviation authorities EASA. According of the received certificate the work on malfunction search and repair and replacement of components on the basis of this technical service can be produced directly in Omsk.
On May 28, 2013 the results of the contest "The best airport of the CIS" were announced at the annual General Meeting of the members of the "Airport" Civil Aviation Association. According to the results of 2012 Omsk airport won in the category of the companies with an annual traffic carriage volume of 500 thousand up to 1 million passengers.
The geography of routes from airport "Omsk-Tsentralny" is Moscow, St. Petersburg, Khabarovsk, Vladivostok, Irkutsk, Krasnodar, Yekaterinburg, Sochi, Gelendzhik, Rostov, Anapa, Krasnoyarsk, the city of north of Tyumen region and other cities of the CIS and far-abroad countries - Turkey, Greece, Tunisia, Egypt, Thailand, China, the United Arab Emirates and Germany.
In the period from July to November 2014 Omsk airport gained the license to the accommodation of Boeing 767 of the two hundredth and three hundredth modifications, as well as Boeing 767-300ER, due to which the airport would be able to serve almost the entire range of this type of aircrafts.
Container processing technology was introduced in October 2014, which made it possible to reduce the time of aircraft maintenance, significantly to reduce the risk of damage to baggage, and reduce the time of baggage dispensing to passengers.
In November 2014 the baggage carousel conveyor was put into operation in the hall of the baggage claim area of Terminal "A", which allowed to quickly serve passengers due to higher conveyor speed, its greater length and area, as compared to the old, dismantled one.
In 2014 for the first time since 1991 Omsk airport has served one million passengers.
On January 19, 2015 Engineering Aviation Service of Omsk Airport passed the audit of its activities on anti- icing aircraft protection "perfectly well". The completeness and quality of the procedures was highly appreciated by the expert De-icing/Anti-icing Quality Control Pool (DAQCP).
In May 2015 a technical servicing centre, on the basis of which repair of large vehicles of the airport as well as modern computer diagnostics is carried out today, was put into operation. Heat-saving materials were used to construct the building.
The work on the design of the baggage claim area of the airport complex was performed in the Terminal "A" in 2015, the interior of which was performed with a glance to the specific character and the flavor of the city, its historical value and rich cultural heritage, accumulated over the past three centuries.
In 2015, according to the second comprehensive study of terminal infrastructure and passenger services held by the branch agency "AviaPort", Omsk airport was awarded "three stars". Experts have used more than 290 indicators reflecting the passengers’ experience at all stages of travel.